Margaret Howell

Tuesday 28 October 2014



I just came back from another weekend in London to celebrate a friend's engagement party - so thought it apt to post a few photos of Margaret Howell's beautiful central London store that I took last time I was in the Big Smoke. I have a bit of a penchant for clean, modern clothing that supports a palette of grey, navy, white, black, and I particularly like wearing structured lines with minimal fuss that can be spiced up with a slick of bright lipstick. (And let's be honest, I neither have the inclination or time to spend faffing around trying to figure out what to wear in the mornings, so opt for a personal uniform of sorts). So I wandered off Wigmore Street and into the eponymous Margaret Howell shop to peruse a spectrum of greys, neutrals, browns and army greens, peppered with the odd pop of colour, checks and tartan. It's a lovely space flooded with light that streams in from the glass ceiling to showcase the collections, as well as the vintage furniture and homewares. It's more concept store, than clothes shop, creating a lifestyle rather than just offering apparel for the average clotheshorse. And boy, could I have happily bought everything in there. Or moved in. Luckily I had a meeting, otherwise I would have camped out for the rest of the day, in that grey armchair, asking the sales staff to bring me cups of tea in those pretty ceramics. 


6 comments :

  1. Lovely interior, I especially love the simple, elegant and modern clothes. xx

    www.ahomemadelife.nl

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, it's just so homey in there - definitely taking inspiration for my new apartment! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly ;) thanks for your comment Amy!

      Delete
  4. Very elegant and charming! Thanks for your review!
    Leia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Thanks for your comment Leia :)

      Delete

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground